Monday, March 8, 2010

Alice In Wonderland - Tim Burton (2010)


  Where to begin..ahh I did not like this movie at all! I am a huge Tim Burton fan, so I have been anticipating this release for almost 2 years. Maybe it was the build up over time expecting it to be better and better that when I finally go to see it opening day I was extremely let down..

  The movie starts out with a young Alice having nightmares she describe's as what we all know to be wonderland, but her father convinces her it is just an odd nightmare. Tim Burton's style is completely lost in this movie, the young Alice looks like she is wearing a cheap wig and very ill...Dark circles under eyes, pale skin...Last time I checked this was not Twilight...We cut to Alice 13 years later equally annoying as the actress who plays her as a child...
 I should mention the first half of this movie is lacking the CGI like the majority of the film and maybe thats why you feel like Tim Burton did one take and figured it was good enough..According to Tim Burton his take on Alice is that she is different from others, kind of a trouble maker...She runs away from her incredibly hideous fiance' to be and decided to follow a rabbit who leads her down the rabbit hole.





Once down the rabbit hole there is no explanation for whats going on. We are whisked through a blur of psychedelic CGI which should enhance an amazing story, but which instead ends up as a distraction from the horrible lack of acting and decent plot. I can't even explain what happens next because honestly I was so bored watched this movie...Tim Burton relied on the shock and awe of big names like Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, And Helena Bonham-Carter masked by the heavy make up and CGI instead of caring to check if there acting was even decent!...I saw better acting in The Princess Diary's...And as A movie buff I expected way more from Tim Burton....I couldn't suggest this movie to anyone honestly....Actually maybe if you were a fan of Across The Universe you might enjoy this, both movies were equally waste's of time and money...Disappointing :(


1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Keep it coming!! You got a fan in me =]

    ReplyDelete